Friday, February 13, 2009

Bad Blogger

Yes I have been a bad blogger. Its just been so very busy! My new job (well, same company just a promotion so new responsibilities) is taking up a lot of my time. I have a lot to learn to be up to speed so it has taken more hours in the office than I would like somedays but I know it will settle down once I get my rhythm. I am so glad today is a Friday. Its technically my day off but I have to catch up on a training class that I have to get done. At least I can do it from home. 

I have also been taking advantage of the cold weather to get some knitting done. I come home from work and we stay inside so I can knit. I finished my La Digetessa finally - the color definitely competes with the pattern but I still like them alot. Very bright and fun. So the best part is that as I was finishing my son asked for a pair of socks. So off I went to Ravelry and then the LYS to find a nice toe up boy pattern because after knitting La Digetessa I much prefer the look of a toe up pattern. Did I find one? Of course not. I was shocked. There were very few boy socks and none were toe up. So what does a resourceful mom do? Yep - I made one up. I have one sock done and the pattern is roughly written down. 
I am going to knit the second to test the pattern, then pretty it up and probably put it out on Ravelry. I am thinking I want to give it some size options first. But I see a nice little niche here in the knitting world. And I have a happy little boy - he loves the first sock and wants the mate finished. I should have that done this weekend. Then he wants his hat - I promised him a Fake Isle made with the glow in the dark yarn - so that gets cast on next. 
I have a really cute picture of the young one so I am posting it here - oh and a pic of La Digetessa. Told you they were bright! 

No comments: