Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Summer of Love Yarn Swap Questionnaire

I have said I am incapable of project monogamy. I seem also incapable of swap monogamy. I have joined Summer of Love Yarn Swap. Here is my questionnaire.

1.Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft? I have been a knitter for over 20 years. I can’t crochet to save my life. 
2. Do you spin? What type of spinning? Yes I love to spin on a wheel although I would like to practice more on the drop spindle.
3. What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers? I like all yarns and fibers but my favorites are the shiny ones – silk, bamboo, soysilk! But I love all kinds of yarns and fibers. I am least fond of generic acrylic but it does serve its purpose in the yarn world.
4. What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors? My favorite colors are purples and blues but I love all colors. Least favorite would be ugly brown – you know the shade that resembles mud or worse.
5. Are there any yarns/brands that you are dying to work with but never have? Noro and Dream in Color are two that come to mind.
6. What is/are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet? Right now, lace especially shawls. I also like bags.
7. What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to work on this summer? Currently working on a shawl from my handspun and a sweater for my son. I have a slew of projects queued up including gloves for hubby, socks for hubby, a headband for hubby. Hmm - hubby gets a lot –but he has been waiting patiently.
8. What is your favorite FO? (Post a pic if you would like.) I gotta be honest and say I did a kick-a** job on the item I made for my spoilee in the HSKS5 swap but I can’t post or tell without giving it away. But I am very happy that I produced such a good piece to give away.
9. What is your oldest UFO? I just pulled a baby blanket I started for my son out of my stash to put in the yard sale pile. My son is 4 now. This is definitely never going to become a FO.
10. Are there any techniques that you want to learn? Magic Loop socks.
11. Are you on Ravlery? What's your ID? Yes – Chloecat262
12. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes. Womens size 9
13. Do you collect anything? Books, Disney – especially fairies and princesses, shoes and I have a strange fascination/addiciton with small storage containers (baskets, drawers, boxes) – I seem to think I need more storage containers.
14. Do you have a yarn winder and/or swift? I have an antique yarn winder that matches my antique spinning wheel. No swift though.
15. Do you love sweets? What are your favorites? Chocolate! And Sweet tarts and smarties!
16. What are your favorite scents? Lavender, vanilla, fresh rain, bounce dryer sheets, my son.
17. Where do you keep your needles/hooks? Besides all over? I have a needle bag which holds most of them.
18. Do you have a wishlist (Amazon, Etsy, etc?) Amazon
19. Having a birthday this summer? Nope – Im a fall baby
20. Are you allergic to anything??? Please let your pal know! Though I am actually allergic to everything under the sun (trees, grass, dirt, dust, mold, cats, weeds, guinea pigs) its not something to worry about unless someone plans to send a pollen collection.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After your answer to question 8, I hope your spoilee posts a picture as soon as she gets it because I'm super curious to see what you made
:)