Sunday, August 24, 2008

Experiment Day

Well its been six days since I put DH and DS on a plane. I have been surprisingly content. Once I got word everyone had landed I relaxed and have been enjoying the solitude. I rarely get time alone in my house so here are my observations. 
It is possible to go to bed and sleep through the night without being woken up by someone.
If you put the remote control down, it stays in the same place. (I really thought they had legs). 
If you turn on a tv show it stays on the same show and doesn't turn to something with the initials "CSI" in it. 
I can leave scissors, sharpies, dye chemicals out and not worry. 
I can get something done. 
I miss my family but know they are having fun and I am enjoying getting a chance to have me time. 
So today is experiment day. I wanted to try my hand at natural dying. The goldenrod is everywhere right now and I keep reading it is the simplest to start out as it is pretty much foolproof. So yesterday I picked up the necessary equipment and last night I went out and scored me some goldenrod. Today the plan is to mordant and dye. I have decided on two batches. One flowers, one leaves. I am not sure exactly what I will get but I am guessing yellow and some form of green. I will update later today with pictures!

No comments: