Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Spoilage Part 1 - Summer of Love Yarn Swap #3

Ok - its long overdue but its been hectic! I got this package a week ago. It actually came on the same day my son had his ear tube surgery so I was home and relieved that my son handled his surgery so well. It was nice to have a special treat arrive for me. I actually got two that day - see next blog - Saucy Swap package. 
So in the case of this package, my spoiler who I now know is Flourish, blew me away. I still say Flourish is a star spoiler. I am taking lessons from Flourish. I also don't think words can do this justice so here are all the pictures. Fortunately, as you can read on the card, Flourish advised me well to get out the camera. I took pictures throughout the unwrapping. 

The pretty box! She color coded everything. Yellow for my little boy, red for my puppy dog, and blue/green for me. 
Here we go!!

My son digging in. 
The first of the goodies -a bag of puppy treats and Harmony cable needles (I love Harmonies)

My son continues to dig in  - as you can see some lovely yarn has emerged and my couch is turning into a tissue paper farm.
HOT WHEELS!!!! My son LOVES hot wheels! This was one very happy boy.
Here is it all. Don't worry - better pictures are coming. Does that look like a happy boy? Would you even know he spent the morning in the hospital?

See - I told you a better picture. Ok - so there are hot wheels, a hot wheels auto showroom, Scooby Doo hot wheels (these totally rock!), puppy treats, yarn (details on that to come) a keychain sock blocker - which I have been wanting since I discovered them, an AMAZING book - seriously buy this book. Its all about scarves, but these scarves are works of art. I can't wait to knit some of these scarves but just looking at the book makes you drool. (Its called Knitting New Scarves by Lynne Barr), some Soak samples and a Loopy Ewe postcard. I think I got it all!
Here he is again - happy happy happy. Of course, we then proceeded to set up the showroom and he played with it the rest of the day. 
Tucker was one happy puppy.

And here is the first of the yarn. Araucania - Aren't those beautiful colors? It reminds me of the colors in bubbles. Blue/purple/pink - just gorgeous. 

Isn't this dreamy? Yep - Dream in Color Baby in dreamy blues. Sigh. So pretty. 

Finally, the Panda Silk. When I touched this I said some not so ladylike things I was so amazed by how soft and touchable it was. Im serious, its just super soft. Its totally pettable. And isn't that a pretty blend of colors? Its like peppermint. 
Like I said - is Flourish amazing or what? I have been so spoiled in my Summer of Love Yarn swap.  I have plenty to keep me busy and keep me smiling!!!!!
































No comments: