Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Im so spoiled

So yesterday I came home to an awesome package! With the help of the young one we opened it up to find all kinds of goods from my oh so wonderful Starbucks N Yarn Swap Spoiler, Barb, from Utah. I immediately took pictures because my son was so excited by everything. He even helped! I was then going to blog last night but the young one was wiggling on my lap and slammed his concrete head into my nose. It was a total Marcia Brady scene. Oh my nose! Thankfully not broken but still hurts unbelievably and I ended spending last night with my face embedded in ice instead of raving about my package.
So here are the goodies: 
That's the concrete headed boy himself playing Vanna. There is so much here I had to take several pictures.
Here is the absolutely amazing gorgeous cup cozy my spoiler made for me. I love the flower. At first I thought it was felted but upon closer inspection I am not sure. I am going to have to beg for the secret on this one. Its like a purple garden for my cup. Under the cozy is my starbucks travel mug, also flowers. And inside were Tootsie Rolls! Yummmm! In fact, we are sharing one right now. 
Here are all the goodies again closer up. The Pez dispenser is Pooh. My son is laying claim to it as well. There is a Starbucks card in there - that has already been made good use of this morning for my latte! The travel mug will hold my morning coffee when we go to the hospital tomorrow morning for my son's ear tube procedure. The flowers and happy vibes will help. 
Ok - more of the goodies - see the Tootsie Rolls. Big. Yum. The round item in the back is the Coconut Body Scrub from the Body Shop -which is one of my favorite shops. It smells like Hawaii. There is also a little candle which also smells yummy. And the Diego book is a little book with a water pen - the colors come out with water. My son has been having so much fun with it and it is nice because he can color without me worrying about him coloring the furniture. You gotta love the new inventions for kids. 
And now the yarn - is this not just the prettiest color???? Its by Dreams in Fiber, and I think the colorway is called Forbidden if I am reading the tag right. Is from an etsy shop which I am going to have to look up. The colors range from orangy red to mauve to pink to even some camel. It matches my couch exactly. I can't wait to knit it up to see the color flow. I am a huge fan of "warm" colors like this - well as you can tell if I have a whole couch in this color. I was thinking socks but now that I look at it the subtle color changes may be deserving of something lacier. It really is a yarn that you can get lost in as you look at the colors. 
And then there was another skein! This was another mindreading moment. This is exactly the colors and weight I want for a hat. Its so perfect!
I think I covered everything - its all so wonderful and I swear that box went on forever! Thank you Barb! You are the best!!!!!

No comments: