Sunday, November 16, 2008

All Things Diet

Ok - so I was going to make some New Years resolutions about diets but I have decided - what the heck. Why wait. So I have decided to start my new year early and get a jump on my resolutions. 2009 is going to be the year of the diet. Or better I like "releasing" or even "transforming" better.
So I have two diets - a me diet and a yarn diet.
Me - I have accumulated more of me than I care for at this time. Combined with the fact that I have also neglected working out and I am just plain unhappy with myself. I have found that I am avoiding mirrors and cameras altogether. To the point of not looking at my reflection in widows. Yikes. Time for a change. Sooooo ..... deep breath here ..... I went back to Weight Watchers this morning and made a commitment. I am giving myself three months to make a change and then see where I am in both head and body. Mostly I was inspired by my favorite spinning teacher and knit designer, Sleepyeyes, who has been bragging about her success. I realize, though, that it is up to me and me alone. I can't blame anyone else anymore. Its all me. The best part was I seemed to have found a nice meeting right off the bat. I stayed after and discussed my personal issues with the leader - my hardest challenge is that I don't cook. DH does all the cooking and he gets creative and not very lowfat. What was so awesome about this leader was that she didn't go down the road of "make him change" but instead she gave me some great tips on working with what he cooks for me. She didn't hold it against me and make me feel bad. It was nice. Its a good sign. At least I want to go back.
On the yarn side, I also have accumulated - but I can't say its more than I care for. Can you have too much yarn? But I have really accumulated this year. I love it all - but now it is time to start transforming it!!! So no more yarn purchases until I get through some of what I have. I need to start a queue and start knocking it down.
Somehow I am going to tie the two diets together. I think I may put some rules in place about earning the right to buy fiber goodies by going to my meetings and staying on points. Hmm - I will think about it then post it so I can be held accountable. I also have some Spring things to look forward to - on the yarn side its the NH Sheep and Wool - maybe I will put aside so much a pound towards my NH Sheep and Wool budget. I also will likely be back in Hawaii a couple times in the Spring and I would love to be able to be comfortable in shorts for a change. So I have some motivation!

No comments: