Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Mythical than Bigfoot .....

More elusive than Wollmeise .......

Its a bird, its a plane, its ......

THE FINISHED OBJECT!


I did it! This is my first "big" Finished Object since I don't know when. I have finished my handmade items for my swaps, and a pair of socks for a friends birthday, but this is really my first major FO. Its the Foliage Shawl designed by Miriam L. Felton (aka MimKnits). To top it off, this is also my handspun Cormo, which I bought as a fleece last spring. I cleaned it, spun, handdyed it with a natural dye made from Goldenrod, and then knit up into this fabulous shawl. For the most part I loved the pattern. The body was fun to knit - it followed a chart the whole way. It completely kept my interest. However, the border was a small repeat about 42 times. That got a little old but I powered through. Once done it will be wrapped up for Christmas as a gift for my Mother In Law. One present down - many to go!

1 comment:

Montreal Mama said...

The shawl looks fabulous girl!