Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I got Mail!!!

I love coming home from work to good mail!
First, Minerva Wood's cat was waiting for me when I got home. Fortunately, DH had brought him in the house and made him a warm place by the fire. He is purring away right now before he heads back home. My package was so wonderful. Minerva "got me" and I couldn't be happier. The pics aren't as great as I hope as I had to use my iPhone but they show off the goodies.
This is the whole shebang. It was all wrapped nicely - but my son went to town immediately. The bag is a gorgeous Yellow and Black felted bag. I will get a better picture once my camera batteries charge. It really is very well done with plenty of room to hold my knitting. 

Minerva made me a dye kit with KnitPicks bare yarn - which I love! And some Lemonade Kool Aid - she must have stalked me well because I love Kool Aid dying. I am going to try handpainting this skein - something I haven't done too much of yet. I wonder if I can pull off the Noro pattern with Kool Aid? Hmmm something to try. Oh - and the cute Hogwarts mug is filled with yummy tea. I am enjoying the Sweet Thai right now - and I totally love it!  Unfortunately the handle didn't make it but the mug is still usuable. 
Here are some knitpicks needles and Cat Bordhi's "Socks Soar on two circular needles" book - I am so excited to try this technique. It looks like I may like it better than magic loop. Oh - and there are some stickers for my young one. He was so excited - he wanted to put them on the walls. We said no. We compromised by letting him stick some on the calender. 
And now - look at this - I was so excited by this!!! Glow in the Dark Yarn!!!!! Ok - SQUEEE!!! So seriously, this morning I was thinking how I wanted to try out the Glow in the Dark yarn I had been reading about on Ravelry. And yes - I tried it and it really does glow. I think I am going to make some skull caps. - there is even a pattern book. Love it!!!!
Oh - and this is the BEST book! We love Goodnight Moon. When I saw this I was psyched! I had never heard of it but I love parodies anyways. This one has wonderful drawings and carries the same rhythm as Goodnight Moon and is a wonderful take off. We read it immediately. My son loved it!!!!! It will become a well loved favorite. 
THANK YOU MINERVA!!!! 
I just have to say that I have really enjoyed this term at Hogwarts. I adore both my spoiler and spoilee! I can't believe term is almost over - it went so quick!

So on a side note I got a second package today  - it felt like Christmas - and it had a Germany return address. Yep - my Wollmeise!!! I got two skeins of Red Hot Chili, one Dark and one Light. The pictures do not do the color justice. Honestly, it is very difficult to capture the amazing Wollmeise color. These are wonderful and I am envisioning some awesome socks - a good candidate for my new Cat Bordhi technique!
Its been a wonderful Wednesday!





2 comments:

YogaKnot said...

I am sooooo glad you liked your package! I thought the spooky theme was fun since we both like halloween. Did you get the halloween stitch markers? I LOVE Goodnight Moon so when I saw a parody of it I had to get it! I am sooo sad the mug didn't make it in one piece. :( Oh well I hope you can still enjoy it! :)

Hermione Bagnold said...

What an awesome package!!!