Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Christmas Getting To Know You

Got this in email today and decided to put it here as well:

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper - I love the ritual of wrapping
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real3. When do you put up the tree? Sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas - usually a couple weeks before the big day
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year (Often New Years Day)
5. Do you like eggnog? No6. Favorite gift received as a child? The wooden kitchen set my dad made for my sister and I. Picture waking up Christmas day to a living room filled with presents and three giant kitchen cabinets. Ok - so I have now learned the room wasn't filled - it was actually one of the leaner Christmas' but to us, it was magic. The best part is the cabinets are still around and my son has had many fun times playing with them. 7. Hardest person to buy for? My mom
8. Easiest person to buy for? Seth
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes - its composed of a bunch of Frogs10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Lately, neither. Used to mail cards but something has had to give
11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? None - I don't remember any gift I did not appreciate. I guess I am a big "its the thought that counts" person
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually Fall, but I keep my eyes out year roung
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Dont think I ever have
15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Grandma's Refrigerator Cookies
16. Lights on the tree? LOTS! love looking at them
17. Favorite Christmas song? "Little Drummer Boy" duet by David Bowie and Bing Crosby and anything by Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel while we are living in Massachusetts. Always back to San Diego
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yep - even the most famous reindeer of all
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who don't just ride with it - yeah, I know its commercial, yeah it starts really early in the stores, but it is all a giant sensory experience that culminates in a wonderful day with family and friends. I love all the trappings because it puts me in the spirit. Enjoy it for what it is. You are in control and do not need to spend money to enjoy it.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We have a whole basket of toy ornaments that I love seeing on the tree every year since I was a kid.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Doesn't matter as long as it with family and friends.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? sleep
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Diane

No comments: