Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Encroaching Muggle World

Ah, the muggle world is encroaching on my Hogwarts life.  I am afraid I am being called away for some travel in the days ahead. First a trip to the city that never sleeps, NYC. I am so excited for the silliest reasons. I have the whole day to myself in the city. I have never been there alone so I have always had to negotiate what to do, where to go. This time it is me myself and I for one day. I am planning on a museum, checking out the yarn stores, and a visit to my favorite place of worship, the shoe department at Saks Fifth Avenue. Sigh - shoes are one of my guilty pleasures. Although its just to look this trip. With gas prices and everything being what it is I just can't justify buying. Not when I want to buy yummy yarn!  Then, I come home for two days and work is taking me away for a week. But I can't complain too much because it is Honolulu where I am being forced to spend my time. Gosh, my job sucks but someone has to do it. I am hoping to get in a little goodie shopping while there as well. 
In the meantime I am working on my swaps and thinking about the homework this week for class. I should have that done tomorrow. 
I was also thinking about swaps in general. How cool is it that you get to stalk someone and not get arrested for it? Instead of a restraining order you get presents. Ok - yeah I am a little twisted in the way I think. 
So the Summer of Love Yarn swap suggested we post some of our non-knitting hobbies. I love to read - I am a voracious reader. I also read very fast so I suck down books like martinis. In fact, I have often thought a good drug habit might be cheaper than my book habit. Thank goodness for libraries and yard sales. I mostly love light fluffy reading, chick lit, light fantasy, comedy and childrens books. I have a weakness for Nancy Drew and the Bobbsey Twins. I am not a book snob. I love all books equally. I also love reality tv. Its wonderfully mindless and especially good for on the treadmill or knitting. Ever since having my son I don't commit to too much tv, especially drama. Reality tv is easy and relaxing. My only exception is Lost to which I am devoted. Can't wait for next season. I also like games and puzzles and working my brain. Mostly though I like spending time with my family. My son loves to race his hotwheels so we spend a great deal of time crashing cars in the living room. He loves it. 
So that is a little more about me. Pretty average but I like it.

No comments: