Friday, June 6, 2008

Hufflepuff Homework

I have another secret. I normally wouldn't tell anyone but its a good topic for this weeks homework. I am dreadfully afraid of puffskeins. Yes, I know they are "cute" and "cuddly" and I have many friends who have them as pets, especially those Pygmy Puffs you can get at W3, but I absolutely shudder every time I have to be near one. You see when I was very little, I couldn't have been more than 2, my cousin Ambrose thought it would be fun to lock me in a cabinet that had a nest of puffskeins living in it. Only, he didn't tell me that's what they were. He just locked me in and went away telling me we were going to play a game. So for what seemed like forever I was in this tiny dark space. I heard this loud purring noise and I felt these "things" start to crawl all over me. Keep in mind, I was very little so having so many of these creatures on me was just overwhelming. I was so scared I couldn't move, I couldn't scream, I couldn't even whimper. I guess I just froze and when my Mom finally figured out what Ambrose had done she found me and rescued me. (And boy, let me tell you, Ambrose got quite the shout over this one. In fact, I don't think Mom let him come back for months.) I was fine as the puffskeins don't cause any harm, but to this day I can't get near one. Actually, I can't even wear one of those eyelash fur scarves that were popular a few years ago because they remind me of the feel of those puffskeins. So that's my secret and my story.

1 comment:

Cressida Townsbury said...

That was horrible of Ambrose! I shall make a note that eyelash yarn stays far away from your kit!