Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I've been Spoiled! Summer of Love #1

Today's mail brought me a package and I was thrilled to see my SOLYS spoilers name in the corner! My very first Swap package! Oh I was so excited! So was my son. He started working on opening it with me right away. It was filled with wonderful goodies!

Here he is with the opened goodies. I got TWO skeins of yarn! Yeah! One was Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn which I have been dying to try. It is a pretty rainbow of colors - I cannot wait to see how it stripes up.  The other is Tofutsies in a really pretty grey and pink. Another one I have heard of but never tried but now I am fascinated. Tofutsies is made with Chitin which is made from shrimp and crab shells and is antibacterial (yes I am reading the label). This sounds awesome for socks. Its also really soft and looks like it will make pretty patterns when knit up. I am so excited to start some socks! 


Also, a pair of Addi Turbos in Size 1! Yeah! I was so excited to see these as I have been wanting to try Addi's, but more because I decided I wanted to try a sock pattern I have but discovered I needed size 1 needles, which I did not have. Honestly, I think my Spoiler, Knit One Purl Two - Knit One, must have been reading my mind. I discovered this just before I left on my trip and hadn't really thought about it since I knew I couldn't go shopping. Yeah - now I can start. 
Also in the package was a fabulous card - check it out in the picture - Flip Flops!
 This card is going on my wall -it makes me feel like summer. There was also a cool knit pattern postcard which is going in my postcard collection. Then there were the goodies. Smarties - my fav! Ferrero Rochers - MMMMMM Chocolate, and Pop Rocks! I haven't had Pop Rocks in forever! 


I love Pop Rocks! The best part was my son wanted to try the Pop Rocks. He is four so this was a first. After dinner tonight we busted them out and shared a Pop Rocks desert. His face was priceless!
He was not real sure what was going on! But he passed on seconds. Too funny. What a lovely Summery package! I can't wait to go start on some socks. I picked out a Magic Loop pattern and plan on casting on before the weekend. Yeah!


4 comments:

Myownigloo said...

Ha ha! Pop Rocks. Who would have thought?!? What a great pal you've got!

Anonymous said...

Aren't kids funny that way? My niece dug into the Easter peeps and then made such a funny face.

Anonymous said...

What a great face!!! Gotta love Pop Rocks.

- Amy T

Unknown said...

Awesome package! I love pop rocks too ;) What a cute face!